Worker in the scientific research facility stumbles upon a car in which unconscious woman is laying and he quickly saves her from oncoming train. He finds out she is a wife of facility director, and in subsequent events falls in love with her. Her husband is treating her like a prisoner and she tells him many people tried to save her, but they all died. But he continues in his quest to release her despite shenanigans from the staff to pull him off the job. In the end he decides to kill her husband and plead guilty on insanity, thus believing to be confined in mental hospital until he's proven safe to society. However things don't go so easily as he goes mad in institution, and his believed love is taken away by his ex-coworker. Ultra paranoid schizo noir movie and one of the best I've seen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Edward Bunker - No Beast So Fierce
Many years ago I watched Straight Time (1978), starring Dustin Hoffman, but until recently I had no idea that the film was based on Edward ...
-
While many consider Hammett, Chandler, or even Horace McCoy as the titans of noir, I’d argue none of them reached the psychological depths J...
-
Alphonse Gabriel "Al" Capone remains one of the most notorious figures in American criminal history. Born in 1899 in Brooklyn to I...
-
Sorry I haven’t posted in a while — I had a few things to take care of. I recently finished a collection of three David Goodis novels in o...

No comments:
Post a Comment