This is enjoyable entry in 87th precinct novels by Ed McBain where criminal mastermind fucks with the police and creates diversions to lead them off his big plan, going so far to trap stadium with explosives. But as he goes away with the money bad luck finds him in last moment in shape of a beat cop. Luckily he escapes in the river but with no money.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Edward Bunker - No Beast So Fierce
Many years ago I watched Straight Time (1978), starring Dustin Hoffman, but until recently I had no idea that the film was based on Edward ...
-
While many consider Hammett, Chandler, or even Horace McCoy as the titans of noir, I’d argue none of them reached the psychological depths J...
-
Alphonse Gabriel "Al" Capone remains one of the most notorious figures in American criminal history. Born in 1899 in Brooklyn to I...
-
Gerald Kersh (1912–1968) was an English writer of novels and short stories, partially famous during his lifetime but oddly forgotten and neg...

No comments:
Post a Comment