Another solid entry in famous 87th precinct series of novels, this one revolves around murder of priest. First suspicion is cast by near-by Satanic church, but it soon is revealed that some nigger dealed drugs to italians and after misunderstanding he went to church and hid drug inside of it. There is also minor subplot of detective girlfriend, former prostitute from Mexico who is chased down by south american thugs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Edward Bunker - No Beast So Fierce
Many years ago I watched Straight Time (1978), starring Dustin Hoffman, but until recently I had no idea that the film was based on Edward ...
-
Alphonse Gabriel "Al" Capone remains one of the most notorious figures in American criminal history. Born in 1899 in Brooklyn to I...
-
While many consider Hammett, Chandler, or even Horace McCoy as the titans of noir, I’d argue none of them reached the psychological depths J...
-
Sorry I haven’t posted in a while — I had a few things to take care of. I recently finished a collection of three David Goodis novels in o...

No comments:
Post a Comment