Very romantic and cool movie by famous photographer David Hamilton. Sculptor falls in love with daughter of her former girlfriend, ballet dancer as he sees her coming out of the seaside. Her mother takes nude photos of her for the sculptor but in the exhibition fire emerges and sculptor loses his eyesight. But nevertheless he manages to make love to her and finish her statue. There is perfect black and white sequence while ballet dancer dreams about him (great performance by Dawn Dunlop). Movie is full of great music and whatever can be said of David Hamilton, he was good artist and shouldn't be judged by his private affairs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Edward Bunker - No Beast So Fierce
Many years ago I watched Straight Time (1978), starring Dustin Hoffman, but until recently I had no idea that the film was based on Edward ...
-
While many consider Hammett, Chandler, or even Horace McCoy as the titans of noir, I’d argue none of them reached the psychological depths J...
-
Alphonse Gabriel "Al" Capone remains one of the most notorious figures in American criminal history. Born in 1899 in Brooklyn to I...
-
Sorry I haven’t posted in a while — I had a few things to take care of. I recently finished a collection of three David Goodis novels in o...

No comments:
Post a Comment