Napoleon Bonaparte, called Bony, greatest detective in the world, is sent by the police to town in Australia to investigate strange dissapearance of man and possibly his murder. Bony is half-caste, neither Aboriginal nor Australian, but his methods are unusual and effective in solving crimes. By deceiving people who he is, he delves into strange aboriginal magic and drunken Australians. Good crime novel and very strange.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Edward Bunker - No Beast So Fierce
Many years ago I watched Straight Time (1978), starring Dustin Hoffman, but until recently I had no idea that the film was based on Edward ...
-
While many consider Hammett, Chandler, or even Horace McCoy as the titans of noir, I’d argue none of them reached the psychological depths J...
-
Alphonse Gabriel "Al" Capone remains one of the most notorious figures in American criminal history. Born in 1899 in Brooklyn to I...
-
Sorry I haven’t posted in a while — I had a few things to take care of. I recently finished a collection of three David Goodis novels in o...

No comments:
Post a Comment