Private detective is suffering from brain tumor in this grim noir tale of loss and redemption. Old and worn, he is hired by drug dealer to find his daughter who stole his money. As he finds her, he becomes like some guardian over her, and in his demented mind thinks of her as his dead wife who was killed by gangsters while he was working for them. All that time holding in his heart his beloved one, he manages to save another, and eventually dies from a gun wound in a shootout. Very gritty and depressing noir comic, with equally depressing artwork.
Friday, January 26, 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Edward Bunker - No Beast So Fierce
Many years ago I watched Straight Time (1978), starring Dustin Hoffman, but until recently I had no idea that the film was based on Edward ...
-
While many consider Hammett, Chandler, or even Horace McCoy as the titans of noir, I’d argue none of them reached the psychological depths J...
-
Alphonse Gabriel "Al" Capone remains one of the most notorious figures in American criminal history. Born in 1899 in Brooklyn to I...
-
Gerald Kersh (1912–1968) was an English writer of novels and short stories, partially famous during his lifetime but oddly forgotten and neg...





No comments:
Post a Comment