Detective of the Navajo Tribal Police Chee and FBI agent Leaphorn investigate series of seemingly unconnected crimes on Indian reservation. Indians believe that skinwalker is killing people, malevolent spirit that can take form of any being and control it, which Leaphorn doesn't believe it since he hates superstition, but Chee, being an Indian, believes. Unfortunately, things turn out rather banal, since the killer is director of the hospital who was responsible for the death of some people, so Indians assumed there was some witch in it. In either case, good crime novel, somewhat exotic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Edward Bunker - No Beast So Fierce
Many years ago I watched Straight Time (1978), starring Dustin Hoffman, but until recently I had no idea that the film was based on Edward ...
-
While many consider Hammett, Chandler, or even Horace McCoy as the titans of noir, I’d argue none of them reached the psychological depths J...
-
Alphonse Gabriel "Al" Capone remains one of the most notorious figures in American criminal history. Born in 1899 in Brooklyn to I...
-
Gerald Kersh (1912–1968) was an English writer of novels and short stories, partially famous during his lifetime but oddly forgotten and neg...

No comments:
Post a Comment