Gut wrenching drama about young prostitute whose mother was killed. As she (great portrayal by Vanessa Paradis) roams the streets of Paris with band of thieves she decides to find the man responsible for her mother death. After obtaining gun from some thug she contemplates suicide in public bathroom (great scene with beautiful music) but change her mind and goes to some remote island where she encounters her tormentor, old drunkard (great performance by Gerard Depardieu) and little by little she gets close to him, only to find that he killed her mother because she was whoring with another men so she could raise Elise and her husband.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Edward Bunker - No Beast So Fierce
Many years ago I watched Straight Time (1978), starring Dustin Hoffman, but until recently I had no idea that the film was based on Edward ...
-
While many consider Hammett, Chandler, or even Horace McCoy as the titans of noir, I’d argue none of them reached the psychological depths J...
-
Alphonse Gabriel "Al" Capone remains one of the most notorious figures in American criminal history. Born in 1899 in Brooklyn to I...
-
Sorry I haven’t posted in a while — I had a few things to take care of. I recently finished a collection of three David Goodis novels in o...
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment