Very realistic film noir about ex-cop who goes on a killing spree (inspired by real criminal, Erwin 'Machine Gun' Walker. Although shot in semi-documentary police procedural style, it preserves film noir iconography thanks to cinematographer John Alton and director Anthony Mann. It should be noted that this movie is one of many made by famous Outfit gangster, mostly in Eagle-Lion studios.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Edward Bunker - No Beast So Fierce
Many years ago I watched Straight Time (1978), starring Dustin Hoffman, but until recently I had no idea that the film was based on Edward ...
-
While many consider Hammett, Chandler, or even Horace McCoy as the titans of noir, I’d argue none of them reached the psychological depths J...
-
Alphonse Gabriel "Al" Capone remains one of the most notorious figures in American criminal history. Born in 1899 in Brooklyn to I...
-
Sorry I haven’t posted in a while — I had a few things to take care of. I recently finished a collection of three David Goodis novels in o...

No comments:
Post a Comment