Mostly overlooked french adaptation of David Goodis crime novel of the same name, its striking visuals and great acting by Gerard Depardieu and Nastassja Kinski together with dense and oppressive atmosphere are greatly appreciated by movie aficionados. Plot revolves around meaningless killing of protagonist sister and his pursuit of the killer while at the same time Nastassja tries to lure Depardieu from that poor neighbourhood, and in the end he refuses her advances, realizing it could be anyone in that slum who could kill his sister.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Edward Bunker - No Beast So Fierce
Many years ago I watched Straight Time (1978), starring Dustin Hoffman, but until recently I had no idea that the film was based on Edward ...
-
While many consider Hammett, Chandler, or even Horace McCoy as the titans of noir, I’d argue none of them reached the psychological depths J...
-
Alphonse Gabriel "Al" Capone remains one of the most notorious figures in American criminal history. Born in 1899 in Brooklyn to I...
-
Gerald Kersh (1912–1968) was an English writer of novels and short stories, partially famous during his lifetime but oddly forgotten and neg...

No comments:
Post a Comment