Solid adaptation of Nicholas Blake crime novel about man (great role by Michel Duchaussoy) whose child has been murdered by reckless driver. He pursues him after long time, writing in his journal his thoughts and after finding him he befriends him and his son, who also hates him. With the help from him his son kills his father and in the closing sequence father of a lost son goes away in a boat, presumably to kill himself, thus closing circle of events.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Edward Bunker - No Beast So Fierce
Many years ago I watched Straight Time (1978), starring Dustin Hoffman, but until recently I had no idea that the film was based on Edward ...
-
While many consider Hammett, Chandler, or even Horace McCoy as the titans of noir, I’d argue none of them reached the psychological depths J...
-
Alphonse Gabriel "Al" Capone remains one of the most notorious figures in American criminal history. Born in 1899 in Brooklyn to I...
-
Gerald Kersh (1912–1968) was an English writer of novels and short stories, partially famous during his lifetime but oddly forgotten and neg...

No comments:
Post a Comment