This is probably the weirdest crime novel that I read. It revolves around man who bought at an auction figure of buddha, and then story develops as other men bought four other ones. As it turns out, these figurines bring bad luck and in the novel we see some secret weapon stolen from rich man, which could help the war of white people versus yellow. Neil Gaiman said of the Keeler that he was probably best bad writer of all time but that he loves him. All in all, an atypical murder mystery, but rather funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Edward Bunker - No Beast So Fierce
Many years ago I watched Straight Time (1978), starring Dustin Hoffman, but until recently I had no idea that the film was based on Edward ...
-
While many consider Hammett, Chandler, or even Horace McCoy as the titans of noir, I’d argue none of them reached the psychological depths J...
-
Alphonse Gabriel "Al" Capone remains one of the most notorious figures in American criminal history. Born in 1899 in Brooklyn to I...
-
Gerald Kersh (1912–1968) was an English writer of novels and short stories, partially famous during his lifetime but oddly forgotten and neg...

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment