In this horrible book we can see hundred years of wretched Italian history, full of incompetence, corruption, corroboration with the Sicilian Mafia and many other insidious activities. Of course, it took English author to enlighten us about state and mafia relations in Italy, but whatever. Every chapter sounds like some murder mystery, but in the most darkest and funny way. Book is very rich with photographs of Italian mafiosi, and one can't help showering after reading it. Of course, if Judge Falcone didn't dig too much, he wouldn't be sent to pieces like that, but it is on his own conscience to ruminate about. And one thing comes to mind and that is, as Lucky Luciano once said : We Italians aren't human.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Edward Bunker - No Beast So Fierce
Many years ago I watched Straight Time (1978), starring Dustin Hoffman, but until recently I had no idea that the film was based on Edward ...
-
Alphonse Gabriel "Al" Capone remains one of the most notorious figures in American criminal history. Born in 1899 in Brooklyn to I...
-
While many consider Hammett, Chandler, or even Horace McCoy as the titans of noir, I’d argue none of them reached the psychological depths J...
-
Sorry I haven’t posted in a while — I had a few things to take care of. I recently finished a collection of three David Goodis novels in o...

No comments:
Post a Comment